November Minutes 2015

TEMPLE EWELL PARISH COUNCIL

Clerk: J Coulson-Wright, 5 Dour Side, River, Dover, Kent CT17 0UX

Tel:  01304 820273   Email:  coulsonwright@aol.com  

website: www.templeewellpc.kentparishes.gov.uk

Minutes of the Temple Ewell Parish Council Meeting held on

Tuesday 24th November 2015, 7.15pm at Temple Ewell Baptist Church Hall

 

 

    15.Present: Cllrs C Smithen, G Mousley, R Hamer, I Dean, N Doherty, Mrs L End, Mrs A Stacey, Mrs A Worton.

 

       Apologies: Dist Cllr Rose, Mrs S Pilcher, PCSO May.

 

       In Attendance: Mrs J Coulson-Wright (Parish Clerk) County Cllr Lymer.

 

    16. Declarations of Interest

Councillors were invited to declare any agenda items in which they had a personal/prejudicial   interest. None were declared.

 

    17. Minutes of Meeting held 27th October 2015

Proposed by Cllr I Dean seconded by Cllr Mrs L End, the minutes were then agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.

 

    18. Matters Arising from Minutes of last meeting:

a.   Defibrillator Installation – The Chairman has instructed a local electrician to install the defibrillator in December. Cllr I Dean will write an article for the next newsletter. The Clerk has written to six key local organisations providing them with a sign informing parishioners’ where the defibrillator is located.

b.    CCTV Quotations, KG V Playing field – Three quotes have been obtained. Ideal Security will provide a CCTV presentation at the next meeting.

c.    Tree Removal/Parking Green Lane – KCC Highways has provided a map showing the boundaries for Green Lane, however they do not believe that these maps are an accurate reflection of what is found on the ground, as they are extracted from the land registry mapping and therefore open to interpretation. They have agreed to go back through their records regarding vehicle crossings and tree removal and provide a potted history in the New Year.

d.   Grass Verge, London Road – The shrubs have been planted and already made a huge difference aesthetically Cars have now completely stopped parking on the grass verge. A few vehicle owners are parking on the highway but this is at their own risk. The bollards have been purchased from Jacksons Fencing and will be installed in December. The Clerk will write to St Michaels house providing them with a weeks notice so that they can move their vehicles prior to installation.

e.   Planning Application DOV/15/00123 – Off-Site Contribution – The Clerk is still waiting to hear from Emma-Jane Allen DDC, regarding an off site financial contribution to the village. A letter will be sent to DDC Planning Committee informing them that the Parish Council has taken steps to prevent parking on the verge at the opposite side of the London Road, and feel that if parking on this development is limited by the introduction of a seventh dwelling and removal of parking spaces, parking on the road is bound to follow, causing danger to passing traffic and pedestrians. The Parish council is strongly of the opinion that development of the upper level of the site should be restricted to six properties with as much parking on site as possible.

f.    Development Mill Street – The landowner could not provide the Parish Council with a date as to when the new build will be completed.

g.   One Way System, Lower Road – This item will tie in with the ongoing Stagecoach discussions. KKC have been the only organisation that has provided a constructive reply to the Chairman’s letters. The Police and Traffic Commission do not believe that they can do anything. It was agreed that this issue needs to be escalated by organising a site meeting with Stagecoach, a census completed and a public meeting arranged with the residents of Lower Road & High Street.

 

      Adjourn.

     19. Public Contribution Time

     The dog bin has been knocked off at the bottom of the pathway leading up to the allotments. The Clerk will contact DDC and request that it be replaced with a new dog bin, if however, DDC refuse the Parish Councillors have agreed to fund a replacement themselves. It was confirmed at the last Village Hall meeting that the village clock is still not working. A parishioner enquired if the Parish Council would become involved with its much needed renovation. The Chairman explained that the Parish Council did offer to pay two years ago to have the clock repaired, however the Village Hall Committee did not reply to this offer and therefore would need to contact the Parish Council directly in future. Cllr R Hamer who is a member of the committee will speak to the Village Hall Chairman.

    

     20. PCSO Mays’ Report

         No Report

 

     21. Planning & Decisions:

         None

   

         To note decisions made by DDC –

None

 

     22. Reports of County & District Councillor/Committees –

           No Report.

 

     Environment  

     No Report

 

Allotments

         The two main items raised during this years Allotment Annual General Meeting were 1) The removal of four Ash trees overhanging allotment 35 and 2) Urgent renovation of the pathway leading up to the allotments. The Clerk has since attended two site meetings with Mr Pennock and obtained a quotation of £220 for the tree removal and £600 for the path renovation. The Clerk will write to St Michaels asking for a contribution for the path of £300. Both quotes were unanimously agreed.

 

    

Footpaths, Highways & Pavements

     The footpath leading from London Road to Target Firs/Green Lane had become dangerously slippery due to leaves and debris. The Clerk had reported this to KHS –  Ref No: 179740. Prior to KHS addressing this problem, Cllr Mrs A Worton contacted the Chairman offering to clear the pathway with her son as she was concerned for the safety of neighboring residents. Fifteen heavy duty bags were filled and disposed of. The Parish Councillors thanked Cllr Mrs A Worton. The next day KHS cleared the remaining debris. The Clerk will include this on her annual scheduled works list.

 

          Playing Field Report

 No Report

 

     23. Correspondence

Kearsney – Jon Winder, Kearsney Park Manager is planning to hold the first Kearsney Parks Forum at the beginning of December and has sent an e-mail inviting parish councillors.

Many people have contributed to the HLF project over the last few months and this has been really helped to shape their round 2 bid.

They are hoping to organise regular meetings and have tentatively suggested Kearsney Parks  Forum as a name – but the name, frequency and format of meetings are all up for discussion. The first meeting of the Forum will take place at 6.30pm on Tuesday 1 December in the Council Chamber at Dover District Council, White Cliffs Business Park, Dover, CT16 3PJ. Cllr G Mousley and Cllr Mrs Linda End will be attending the forum.

DDC New Homes – Eight new homes have been completed on behalf of Dover District Council within the multi million pound St James development. 

The new Council homes in Castle Street, Dover are part of DDC’s commitment to develop a range of affordable housing across the district, and follow the recent construction of three new council houses in Elvington. 

Planning permission for the eight affordable flats was obtained by Bond City as part of the comprehensive St James development.  The flats include three 1-bedroom and five 2-bedroom homes. The new flats have been built on land at 12-14 Castle Street, on the former MFI site. The site was purchased by the Council with funding provided by SEEDA and the Homes and Communities Agency. The homes are being managed by East Kent Housing on behalf of DDC.

 

   24. Chairman’s Announcements

         No Report

 

     25. Events Committee

Cllr Mrs A Worton reported that Cllr G Mousley and Cllr Mrs A Stacey will be helping with the drinks and mince pies at the Christmas light switch on 6th December. The School choir and an accordion player will be providing the entertainment. Discussions are taking place regarding two events for 2016, the Olympics in August and the Queens 90th Birthday in June. A budget of £500 was approved at the Precept Meeting.

 

        26. Clerks Financial Report, Statement of Accounts.

  The statements of receipts & payments for October 2015 were presented to the Parish Council.    Proposed by Cllr G Mousley, seconded by Cllr Mrs L End and unanimously agreed.

  Precept Recommendations – Parish Councillors had received copies of the Precept   recommendations for 2016/17. The councilor basic allowance was discussed and it was decided not to take it. The precept was unanimously agreed (Finance Minutes attached)

  Cllr Mrs A Worton and Cllr I Dean asked that the Clerk be recognised for her contribution, fund raising and hard work this year.

 

           

          

           27.Any Other Business

     There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.20pm.

 

    Closed Session.

It was unanimously agreed that a new computer be purchased for the Clerk, her personal computer has finally died after eight years and cannot be mended. The computer will remain the Clerks property should she resign from the position as the Clerk had to personally purchase a computer so that she could carry out the job requirements for the Parish Council.

Clerks have not been awarded a salary increase for six years, however the KALC has confirmed that Clerks will receive a cost of living pay revision. The Clerk will go onto the new rate and receive a backdated payment.